Sunday, October 07, 2007

Football Picks Week 5 - How I'm doing so far ...

Well, as of the conclusion of the early games, I'm 7-2!  Not a bad beginning, if I do say so myself!  Actually, I'm more than a little surprised!  I really thought the Lions would continue on with their streak, but when I made my pick, I didn't know that the Lions were 0-20 against the Redskins at FedEx Field.  :::sigh::: Had I known that going in, I might have called it the other way.  Maybe.  And boy, was I ever wrong about the Jaguars/Chiefs game!  I really thought the Chiefs at home were going to pull it out!  Oh well -that's why they play the games.  :)  I'll update after the late game tonight, and then again tomorrow night after the game as well.  Wish me luck!

UPDATE: Sunday Night - well, could I have been more wrong about that Chargers/Broncos game?  The Chargers seem to have finally found themselves in week 5, decided they didn't want to lose their playoff hopes and gave the Broncos their worst home loss since 1966, and their own first back-to-back wins in Denver since 1967-'68.  And, as they like to say in Chicago, "How 'bout dem Bearsss?"  Came back in the final minutes of the game and overtook the undefeated Packers in their own house.  So the "undefeateds" drop from 4 to 3, and I'm at 9-4.  Just one more game to go this week! 

UPDATE: Monday Night - What a freaking game!  Oh my gosh!  Bumble-ball, Keystone-ball, what a fight to the finish line!  I can't remember when I've seen such an exciting game!  Mega kudos to the Bills!  We tuned in, preparing to watch the Cowboys give the Bills a shellacking, only to see the Bills score right from the start, picking off Romo and running the interception in for a touchdown.  Things only got better, and up until Dallas recovered their own onside kick in the final seconds of the game, I thought Buffalo was going to actually take it.  Double wow on this one!  I was really hoping the Bills would win and take down one of the undefeated giants - and if they could come so close, surely the Patriots will give the 'Boys a good run next week.  So even though I'm sad that Dallas won, I'm sort of glad that it made my own stats 10-4.  Should I try for week 6? 

Lions 3 @ Redskins 34 - Lions

Browns 17 @ Patriots 34 - Patriots

Seahawks 0 @ Steelers 21 - Steelers

Cardinals 34 @ Rams 31 - Cardinals

Jaguars 17 @ Chiefs 7 - Chiefs

Panthers 16 @ Saints 13 - Panthers

Jets 24 @ Giants 35 - Giants

Dolphins 19 @ Texans 22 - Texans

Falcons 13 @ Titans 20 - Titans

Buccaneers 14 @ Colts 33 - Colts

Ravens 9 @ 49ers 7 - Ravens

Chargers 41 @ Broncos 3 - Broncos

Bears 27 @ Packers 20 - Packers

Cowboys 25 @ Bills 24 - Cowboys

No comments: