Friday, September 19, 2008

NFL Football WK 3 Picks

So far I’m 20-11 for my picks.  Not a very outstanding record!  LOL  That first week was kind of rough and I did a couple of bone-head things last week.  Now teams are starting to have a bit of history for the season, so hopefully the picks will get easier.  Of course, crap happens, which is why they play the games, right?  I based my picks this week on who had the better record so far, but the last 3 were the toughest.  I picked Eagles over the Steelers because I know Ben is coping with a shoulder injury and I don’t know if he’s even going to be playing.  Plus, the Steelers had a hard time scoring against the Browns last week, while the Eagles have had 2 consecutive games scoring nearly 40.  Plus, they’re playing in Philly.  I took the Cowboys over the Packers because while Rodgers has made an excellent showing so far, they’ve only played the Vikings and Lions.  I think this game against the ‘boys will be a real test for him, and Romo has more experience.  I do think it’ll be a good game though.  Now, the Jets over Chargers was a hard one for me.  It’s no secret I hate the Jets, but so far they have a better record than the Chargers.  Plus, Merriman is out for the season now, and the Chargers have yet to win a game.  I’d love to see them pound Favre, but I’m not sure it’s going to happen Monday. 

 

9-21-08

@  

±

TIME (EST)

NETWORK

Chiefs Falcons Falcons   1 PM CBS
Raiders Bills Bills   1 PM CBS
Buccaneers Bears Bears   1 PM FOX
Panthers Vikings Panthers   1 PM FOX
Dolphins Patriots Patriots   1 PM CBS
Bengals Giants Giants   1 PM CBS
Texans Titans Titans   1 PM CBS
Cardinals Redskins Cardinals   1 PM FOX
           
Saints Broncos Broncos   4:05 PM FOX
Lions 49ers 49ers   4:05 PM FOX
Rams Seahawks Seahawks   4:05 PM FOX
Browns Ravens Ravens   4:15 PM CBS
Jaguars Colts Colts   4:15 PM CBS
Steelers Eagles Eagles   4:15 PM CBS
           
Cowboys Packers Cowboys   8:15 NBC
           

9-22-08

         
Jets Chargers Jets   8:30 PM ESPN
           

No comments: