Monday, March 03, 2008

Patriots bring back Moss

 Patriots bring back Moss for another try at title - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

If anyone had told me, one year ago, that I would feel the way I do today about Randy Moss, I'd have laughed.  Scornfully.  I hated Moss for a long time.  Yeah, sure, he was talented - but he had no character.  He was rude, arrogant, disruptive ... your basic all around football asshole.  I cringed when the Patriots signed him last spring.  "Oh no!  We're ruined!" I cried.  "Just be patient," my husband consoled me, "that boy wants a ring, and he's going with the team who gives him the best chance to do that - he'll shape up."  I doubted it. 

Then I saw Randy play his heart out.  I saw him play well.  What I didn't see were the antics, the disruptiveness, the attitude that I'd seen in him before.  This was a new Randy, and I was glad.  I was still somewhat skeptical, but I was glad.  Then, I caught a video of him, and Lord help me I can't remember when I saw it, but I became a Randy fan that day.  I saw a young man committed to the team, to being conscientious, to playing his best, a stand-up guy, a young man who had matured.  I was impressed that day, and I welcomed Randy into my heart. 

Free agency reared it's ugly head however, and the rumors were flying thick and fast - Randy in Dallas, Randy in Philadelphia, Randy in Green Bay.  Today I saw the headline though, the one you see above.  I felt the relief flow through me, and realized yeah, ok, I confess - I love Randy now.  A year ago, I didn't.  Today, I'm glad he's back.  :)

But I have words for Samuel and Stallworth. 

 

 

 

No comments: