Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Football Picks for Week 11 - UPDATES

UPDATES - Monday Night - I just found out the Broncos are now in a tie with the Chargers for 1st place in the AFC West.  I have to say, I think that's amazing.  The Broncos have really struggled this year; they've worked hard and now it looks like it's paying off for them.  They haven't won 2 in a row since week 2 this season.  So I end up 14-2 this week, and my season totals are 73-25.   

UPDATES - Sunday Night - Wow! I had no idea! Seriously. For some reason I just couldn't sleep last night. Not a wink, even though I was exhausted. And to top it off, we were hit with yet another wave of the personal tsunami that's been dogging us for 5 years, so the morning wasn't pleasant. Then, we had an appointment so we didn't get back until the last quarter of the early games. In all honesty, I could barely remember my name let alone the picks I'd made earlier in the week. I was sure I was going down in flames again, like last week. Finally, I laid down to nurse the baby and passed out cold, just before the end of the games. The first thing I knew after that was hearing my husband quietly yelling (I know it doesn't seem to make sense; think if it as a 'whisper yell - you parents out there know what I mean, like when you yell at your older kids while the baby's sleeping, lol). "What the hell is that?" he was saying, in regards to the Patriots game. So I missed the afternoon games in their entirety. I woke up close to the end of the 1st quarter of the Pats/Bills game. I stumbled into the living room, and gasped when I saw the Jets had beaten the Steelers. "Oh yeah, you missed a lot!" stated my Love. I caught a few highlights though. And for the life of me, I really couldn't remember many of the picks I'd made. "I'm so sleep deprived, I'm brain dead," I thought to myself. I watched the rest of the Patriots game, and only a few minutes ago checked in to NFL.com to get the scores so I could make this update. I'm 13-2?!? Really? "Yeah, you got lucky," said my husband. "Lucky my ass, it's talent and skill," I sassed back and laughed. Honestly? I don't have luck in abundance, unless it's bad luck, but I have bucket-loads more of that than anything in the talents and skills departments. 13-2? Luck, pure and simple.

Games at 1pm eastern

  • Buccaneers 31 @ Falcons 7 - Buccaneers
  • Browns 33 @ Ravens 30 - Browns
  • Giants 16 @ Lions 10 - Giants
  • Dolphins 7 @ Eagles 17 - Eagles
  • Raiders 22 @ Vikings 29 - Vikings
  • Chargers 17 @ Jaguars 24 - Chargers
  • Cardinals 35 @ Bengals 27 - Cardinals
  • Panthers 17 @ Packers 31 - Packers
  • Saints 10 @ Texans 23 - Texans
  • Chiefs 10 @ Colts 13 - Colts

Games at 4ish eastern

  • Steelers 16 @ Jets 19 - Steelers
  • Bears 23 @ Seahawks 30 - Seahawks
  • Rams 13 @ 49ers 9 - Rams
  • Redskins 23 @ Cowboys 28 - Cowboys

Sunday Night Game 8:15pm eastern

  • Patriots 56 @ Bills 10 - Patriots

Monday Night Game 8:30pm eastern

  • Titans 20 @ Broncos 34 - Broncos

    No comments: