Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Football Picks for Week 7 - UPDATES

UPDATE: Sunday Afternoon - Well, I was right in that the Bills came out fighting after their bye week, and I was wrong in the pick I made. I didn't think they'd be able to hold off the Ravens. Silly me! And boy what a game in Houston! Down to the final 2 seconds, when the Titans made a record-breaking 8th field goal in a game to win by 2 points. My Beloved Pats came out spanking the Dolphins, Brady making 5 touchdown passes in the 1st half alone to make it 42-7 at the half. The Dolphins did their best to make a game of it though. So as of the early games, I'm 6-1. Whew! A lot of those games I wasn't sure about!

UPDATE: Sunday Night - Some great games this afternoon! So many close ones! Real slug fests that lingered until the last possible seconds - the Chiefs, Bears, and Broncos came up with some good edge of your seat wins. It's games like that that make football so much fun to watch, even if you are wrong in some of your picks. ;) So far I'm 10-3 with one game to go this week.

UPDATE: Monday Night - Well. Well, well. Perhaps it would have been a closer game between the Colts and Jaguars if the Jaguars QB hadn't fallen early in the game. And if their back-up QB hadn't thrown 2 interceptions, or gotten sacked in the end zone to give the Colts a safety. Perhaps.

So now I am 11-3 for the week, and 30-11 for the season so far. Arrgghh! That means over 25% of my calls are wrong! Can I do better for week 8?

Games at 1 pm eastern 10-21-2007

  • Buccaneers 16 @ Lions 23 - Lions
  • Titans 38 @ Texans 36 - Titans
  • Patriots 49 @ Dolphins 28 - Patriots
  • 49ers 15 @ Giants 33 - Giants
  • Ravens 14 @ Bills 19 - Ravens
  • Falcons 16 @ Saints 22 - Saints
  • Cardinals 19 @ Redskins 21 - Redskins

Games at 4ish eastern

  • Jets 31 @ Bengals 38 - Bengals
  • Chiefs 12 @ Raiders 10 - Chiefs
  • Bears 19 @ Eagles 16 - Eagles
  • Rams 6 @ Seahawks 33 - Seahawks
  • Vikings 14 @ Cowboys 24 - Cowboys

Sunday Night 8:15 pm eastern

  • Steelers 28 @ Broncos 31 - Steelers

Monday Night 8:30 pm eastern 10-22-2007

  • Colts 29 @ Jaguars 7 - Colts

The Chargers, Packers, Panthers, and Browns all have byes this week.

2 comments:

DarcKnyt said...

Ditch the red update font color!! ARRGHHH!!!

Love your picks, babe. Am really excited to see how they turn out. Too excited to use complete proper sentences. Too much awesomeness.

LTY.

Vanessa said...

Red color ditched. Glad you're excited. Don't mind improper sentences. LOL, you're so funny Babe! I love you too! :*