Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Insanity

Do you remember the stories of the Feds or other police groups blasting holed up fugitives with rock music all hours of the day and night?  Sounds stupid, doesn't it?  If I had been the holed up fugitive, I'd probably have had a dance party or something - I love rock music.  But I know now what would drive me insane were I ever to be a holed up fugitive: endless episodes of Dora the Explorer.  They wouldn't need to play it at full volume either since Dora ALREADY SCREAMS AT FULL VOLUME!  You realize, don't you, that they don't tape the voices for the show?  What you're hearing are the actors ear-splitting voices live.  From South America.  Those sounds aren't coming through your TV, they're coming through the air.  Somehow they know when a child is going to watch Dora, so the actress doing her voice just starts screaming from wherever she is, and you can hear her wherever you are, without the help of any electronic devices whatsoever.  :::sigh:::

Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone!  May you have plenty of treats and nary a prank!  :) 

No comments: