Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Flowers

It was just a week ago that my husband came home from work and announced that he'd taken off the next two days from work. "Great!" I responded, thinking it was because he was going to be gone on a business trip this week. It took me about an hour to realize that he'd taken off those days so we could be together on my birthday.

So I'm a year older. But honestly, sometimes I don't feel it. I've been married less than a decade, I have small children, and am still nursing one of them. So I feel about 10-15 years younger than I really am.

I had a nice surprise when the knock came on the door Wednesday afternoon and my husband went to answer it. It was the florist, with a lovely bouquet of yellow roses, my favorite. :) A nice birthday gift from my beloved.

And before he left on this current business trip, my husband said the most outstanding thing to me. He said, "I feel as though I am leaving all of womanhood behind." Wow! What a compliment! I wasn't sure how to respond to that! Fortunately he won't be gone as long this time as he was last time, but it was a real downer that he had to leave on Father's Day. To make matters worse, there was some sort of problem with his plane, so there was a nearly 4 hour delay. He didn't get to bed until close to 2am local time, with a 6am wake up call. So much for the leisurely evening prior to the business aspect of the trip.

But here's a picture of my roses! I think they're lovely!

No comments: