Sunday, December 28, 2008

NFL Football WK 17 2008 Picks

This is it – the last week of regular season football.  We can weep after the Broncos – Chargers game Sunday night.  I think there will be a lot of shake-ups as teams make their last gasp to get into the play-offs, and there are a lot of competitive divisional games, too.  Ought to be some really great football today.  I think the Titans – Colts will be a good match-up, and the Dolphins – Jets will probably be a fight to the death.  Probably some fireworks at the Cowboys – Eagles game, and the Broncos – Chargers as well.  Rumor has it Cutler and Rivers don’t get along very well.  *cough* 

The Lions – what can anyone say about the Lions?  Personally, I think they ought to go for the 0-16 record.  I mean, why not?  At least have a record in something, right?  I’ve read that the Lions owner has been instrumental in keeping the team in the dumps, and if I were a Lions fan, I’d probably be screaming that something be done, pronto.  Look what Parcells has done for the Dolphins in just a single season – last year 1-15, this year, in the play-off hunt, so there’s proof it can be done.  Not sure if Parcells could be lured away from Miami, but if I was the Lions owner, I’d be doing everything in my power to get Parcells up to Detroit.  My sympathies to Lions fans, I know it hurts. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • There are no longer any teams with only a single win or loss.
  • The Lions remain the only winless team, going into WK 17. 

NCF division leaders in blue; AFC division leaders in red.

Byes this week: None

12-28-08

@  

±

TIME (EST)

NETWORK

Rams Falcons Falcons   1 PM FOX
Patriots Bills Patriots   1 PM CBS
Chiefs Bengals Bengals   1 PM CBS
Bears Texans Texans   1 PM FOX
Giants Vikings Giants   1 PM FOX
Panthers Saints Panthers   1 PM FOX
Browns Steelers Steelers   1 PM CBS
Raiders Buccaneers Buccaneers   1 PM CBS
Titans Colts Colts   1 PM CBS
Lions Packers Packers   1 PM FOX
           
Jaguars Ravens Ravens   4:15 PM CBS
Seahawks Cardinals Cardinals   4:15 PM FOX
Redskins 49ers Redskins   4:15 PM FOX
Dolphins Jets Dolphins   4:15 PM CBS
Cowboys Eagles Cowboys   4:15 PM FOX
           
Broncos Chargers Broncos   8:15 PM NBC
           

No comments: