Thursday, January 03, 2008

And So It Continues ...

The latest coach to fall in the post season shuffle is Cam Cameron, of the Miami Dolphins.  A lot of people have speculated about his job, going 1-15 in his first season as the Dolphins coach.  Many thought he'd stay, that the Miami ownership would keep him on based on his record from when he was with the Chargers, allow him the chance to rebuild.  But then Bill Parcells came on board the Dolphins staff as Executive Vice President.  Cameron's not the only one out in Miami - lots of staffing changes are taking place.  Interesting, to me anyway, is that they will be keeping Ricky Williams, who only made 6 carries for 15 yards in a single game before his season ended on an injury.  Me, I'd have canned him, but what do I know? 

For the record, I haven't listed Petrino's exit from the Falcons, because he wasn't cut, he left of his own free will.  Personally, I think it shows a major character flaw that he didn't even stay to finish out the season.  I can't have any respect for a coach like that. 

No comments: