Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sometimes You Think

It can't get any worse. And then you read something like this: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-gang-rape-teens,1,474160.story?coll=chi-news-hed

My heart breaks for this mother and son. I don't even know who they are, and all I can do is pray for them.

And the accused perps? A fourteen and sixteen year old, so far? God only knows how old the others are. Just kids themselves, taking part in this kind of atrocity. So often you can only wonder how people can think to do some of the things they do.

Dear Lord, help us. Help this planet of people!

Sometimes I think I just shouldn't read the news anymore. But not reading it doesn't make things like this not occur, it just makes me ignorant. I supposed I'd rather be aware than blissful. I don't know why. Maybe I think my prayers can help somehow - not in things happening I know. Still, it's all I can do, and I guess I feel I ought to do at least that.

No comments: